The Kurdish Friendship Group in European Parliament will organize a conference to handle “ISIS attacks on Kobanê and its effects on the Region” to take place in the European Parliament in Brussels 4th of the November.
The conference has been organized in cooperation with Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP) and Kurdistan National Congress (KNK) .
Moderated by MEP Marie-Christine Vergiat, Confederal Group of the European United Left – Nordic Green Left, the conference will host many speakers who include MEP Gabriele Zimmer, Chair of Confederal Group of the European United Left – Nordic Green Left (GUE/NGL); MEP Bart Staes, Member of the Greens / EFA Group; MEP Marie-Christine Vergiat, Confederal Group of the European United Left – Nordic Green Left; MEP Bodil Ceballos, Member of the Greens / EFA Group; Dr. Kamran Matin, Academician from East-Kurdistan, UK; Mr. Salih Muslum, Co-president of PYD- Western-Kurdistan (Rojava); and KNK Representative.
The subjects to be discussed at the conference are:
– What is at stake: the jihadists in the Middle-East
– The consequences of the Kobane-war in the Middle East for Europe
– Kobanê – the reasons of a city under siege
– The Role and Responsibilities of International Institutions and Turkey in the Region
– A path towards a lasting solution