Devriş Çimen is the Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP) Representative in Europe. The HDP Representative Office in Brussels was established to ensure that Turkey’s authentic strand of progressive politics had a presence in the EU.
In a break from traditional diplomatic engagements between state institutions, we aim to cultivate relations through a sincere devotion to social justice, regional peace and the democratic development of the Republic of Turkey.
The primary objectives of the HDP Representative Office in Brussels are:
- To coordinate the parliamentary work between our Strasbourg bureau and us
- Political advisory
- To do background talks
- To organize delegations from and to Turkey
- To provide information to Journalists
- To organize conferences and Panels in Brussels
- To broker speakers and people of interested regarding the topic Turkey / Kurdistan