Meeting upon the call of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP) for a possible third alliance, the Democracy Alliance, seven parties had their second meeting in the capital city of Ankara on Satuday (February 26).
The meeting was attended by HDP Co-Chairs Pervin Buldan and Mithat Sancar as well as representatives from the Labor Party (EMEP), Workers’ Party of Turkey (TİP), Labourist Movement Party (EHP), Social Freedom Party (TÖP), Socialist Assemblies Federation (SMF) and People’s Houses. After the meeting, a joint statement has been released on behalf of the EMEP, EHP, People’s Houses, HDP, SMF, TİP and TÖP.
The statement of the parties has put an emphasis on a “joint struggle” and has briefly indicated the following:
“War policies are escalating on a regional and global scale. The economic crisis in our country is getting deeper with each passing day. While the people are made to pay the price for the crisis, workers, laborers and the poor step up the struggle for a humane and dignified life.
“Both the situation that the world has found itself in and the deadlock that the Justice and Development Party (AKP) and Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) have pushed Turkey in make it more possible than before for the forces that will meet around an absolute joint struggle to prepare the ground for organization and expansion in the field.
“We are determined to walk together with all sections who side with peace against war, with labor against the exploitation of the capital and with life, equality, freedom and democracy against the plunder of nature.”
Decisions made at the meeting
The parties have decided to
• “raise the claim of ‘peace right now and everywhere’ against war,
• make the targeted humane life come true in the face of economic crisis and price increases,
• jointly organize the days of struggle and solidarity such as March 8 March 21 [Newroz] and May 1 in every sphere of life,
• reinforce the local struggle platforms together with all groups and contributing to new social movements with our experience and accumulation,
• systematically increase the expansion efforts with the widest possible political and social struggle dynamics.”